You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to deregister if I do not have the iPhone that the 6 digit code is being sent to?

There is a phone number under my AppleID that do not have nor do I have any idea who this number belongs to and when I attempt to deregister the number from receiving iMessage and FaceTime messages I choose the option that I do not have the iPhone but when I enter the number it sends the 6 digit number to the iPhone and the number that I do not have.. how can I find out what’s going on and fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 4:08 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2022 5:47 PM in response to Eric Root

I have access to my account. When I go to settings on my phone and click on my name at the very top that opens up my AppleID info. I then choose Name, Phone Numbers, Email. Under “reachable at” it shows my AppleID email, my phone number and then another phone number that I do not know! When I click to edit, trying to remove the number, it won’t allow me to delete it. It tells me.. “This phone number is being used for iMessage and FaceTime. If you still have the iPhone that uses this number, turn off iMessages and FaceTime on it, and try again.” I choose “Learn More” it then shows an option.. “No longer have your iPhone” and then.. “Enter phone number” After I enter the unknown phone number it says it sent a code to said number and iPhone.. I chose that I no longer have the iPhone so why would it send the code to that iPhone or number? I can’t get the code to deregister the number because it’s sending the code to a number and an iPhone that I do not have!

How to deregister if I do not have the iPhone that the 6 digit code is being sent to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.