You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard stops working randomly

Hello,

I recently updated to iPadOS 15.3. Since that time, my Magic Keyboard has started randomly stopping receiving typing inputs when switching between applications. This persists then until I close the iPad/Keyboard and log back in. The process then repeats itself. I’ve seen this previously discussed in other questions, but the answer seems to be restarting/closing the iPad. Are there any permanent fixes?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:44 PM

Hi JustGotQs, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest you remove the iPad from the Keyboard and do a 'Force Restart' on your iPad as that can sometimes resolve legacy issues with updates as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

Can you then reconnect the Magic Keyboard to the iPad without connecting the Power Supply and check that everything is working.

Then connect the Power Supply.

My iPad does this (not that often) and it is usually the Power Supply that causes it.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2022 7:44 PM in response to JusGotQs

Hi JustGotQs, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest you remove the iPad from the Keyboard and do a 'Force Restart' on your iPad as that can sometimes resolve legacy issues with updates as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

Can you then reconnect the Magic Keyboard to the iPad without connecting the Power Supply and check that everything is working.

Then connect the Power Supply.

My iPad does this (not that often) and it is usually the Power Supply that causes it.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

Magic Keyboard stops working randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.