You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock not available for notes

Although all my notes are on iCloud, I cannot lock any on all of my devices. The lock is not available on a note.

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 10:50 AM

Which system version do you have installed? You can lock Notes on macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later.

Did you assign tags to your Notes? Then you can no longer lock them: Lock your notes on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

"You can’t lock any of the following:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2022 10:50 AM in response to Xiondewah

Which system version do you have installed? You can lock Notes on macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later.

Did you assign tags to your Notes? Then you can no longer lock them: Lock your notes on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

"You can’t lock any of the following:

Jan 31, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Xiondewah

See the article How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're signed in to iCloud with a Managed Apple ID, you can't lock your notes.

What is managed Apple ID account see the article About Managed Apple IDs for business - Apple Support

Check feature availability

Your employees can use Apple services including iCloud and collaboration with iWork and Notes, but because Managed Apple IDs are for business purposes only, certain features are disabled to protect each organization. Managed Apple IDs also include 5GB of iCloud storage.

Because Managed Apple IDs can't make purchases, administrators may assign content to your Managed Apple ID or assigned devices.

For Mac Lock your notes on Mac - Apple Support

Lock not available for notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.