You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook doesn't wake up from sleep

Hi,

My MacBook M1 2020 doesn't wake up from sleep, not until I unplugged all the ports. (and of course, forces me to hard eject my external hard drive way too often. (which is not good) Any idea of what could be the cause?

Thanks,

Best

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 12:31 PM

Hello thanpisit19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your MacBook Pro M1 isn't waking from sleep unless you disconnect all of the peripherals. Knowing this is a good start in diagnosing the issue. This would seem to indicate that one of the devices is causing the issue. The next step is to connect each of the devices individually to see which might be causing the failure to wake from sleep. You can also try plugging the device(s) into different ports, as it could be an issue with a specific port.

Once the issue has been isolated to a specific device or port, get back to us and we can then see where we need to go for a resolution.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2022 12:31 PM in response to thanpisit19

Hello thanpisit19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your MacBook Pro M1 isn't waking from sleep unless you disconnect all of the peripherals. Knowing this is a good start in diagnosing the issue. This would seem to indicate that one of the devices is causing the issue. The next step is to connect each of the devices individually to see which might be causing the failure to wake from sleep. You can also try plugging the device(s) into different ports, as it could be an issue with a specific port.

Once the issue has been isolated to a specific device or port, get back to us and we can then see where we need to go for a resolution.

Best regards.

Macbook doesn't wake up from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.