You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Epson XP will not recognize my new MacBook Air OS Monterey

Hi guys .

I have downloaded and installer the Epson xp 305series , driver for my new MacBook .

Printer shows up on system preference as idle

The on-screen message states 'Communication error '

Resulting in Mac 'Looking for Printer "

I can print via my IPHONE on same epson ,with no issue .

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 7:17 AM

Hi,

The Epson XP-305 is a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that you should be able to use it without having to install drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

What happens if you try AirPrint instead of using drivers from the printer manufacturer?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also, you may want to try the following power-cycling sequence:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the MacBook Air, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the MacBook Air. Finally, power on the iPhone and all other devices/computers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2022 7:17 AM in response to Zebra9898

Hi,

The Epson XP-305 is a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that you should be able to use it without having to install drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

What happens if you try AirPrint instead of using drivers from the printer manufacturer?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also, you may want to try the following power-cycling sequence:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the MacBook Air, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the MacBook Air. Finally, power on the iPhone and all other devices/computers.

Feb 2, 2022 6:26 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi ,Jan

Thank you for the advice ..All fixed

I had tried the top two suggestion again . I can see a 'Air print '-The printer always works as it should ,via my I phone print option

However ,as you suggested ,I powered off Mac,Printer and wifi router .Went home ..!

Next day at my daily work ,start -up

As if by magic...my Mac now communicated with the Epson printer via wifi .

Printer Epson XP will not recognize my new MacBook Air OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.