You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My shift key doesn't work properly

I'm having issues with the shift key on the left side of my keyboard. Whenever I type, it doesn't capitalize my letters right away. I have to press multiple times, sometimes with more force/pause for it to work.

My slow keys/accessibility isn't enabled, and the rest of my keyboard works just fine. I wonder if something might have gotten under my key. I'm not sure what to do, it's getting really bothersome. Also, if I took it to the apple store, would they be able to take apart/clean my keyboard? How much would that be?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:19 PM

VeronicaCarvajal wrote:

I'm having issues with the shift key on the left side of my keyboard. Whenever I type, it doesn't capitalize my letters right away. I have to press multiple times, sometimes with more force/pause for it to work.

My slow keys/accessibility isn't enabled, and the rest of my keyboard works just fine. I wonder if something might have gotten under my key. I'm not sure what to do, it's getting really bothersome. Also, if I took it to the apple store, would they be able to take apart/clean my keyboard? How much would that be?

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro -Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2022 10:19 PM in response to VeronicaCarvajal

VeronicaCarvajal wrote:

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro -Apple Support

Feb 2, 2022 10:07 PM in response to VeronicaCarvajal

MACBOOK AIR (2011) OS 10.13.6 HIGH SIERRA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.