You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t sign in to my iCloud on my Mac every time I try it says unknown error occurred and I can’t update software without signing in

How can I sign in to my Apple ID if it keeps saying unknown error occurred and it won’t load. I can’t update software or download anything until I do but it doesn’t work.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:17 PM

Try logging in and updating in SafeMode https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 2, 2022 5:44 PM in response to evelin231

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

If the Safe Mode doesn't work, try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

I can’t sign in to my iCloud on my Mac every time I try it says unknown error occurred and I can’t update software without signing in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.