You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 speakerphone cuts out

My iPhone 13 is useless when calling on speakerphone. The other party can't hear me and the only way to get around the problem is to take the phone off speakerphone mode. Already tried everything the genius bar says to "fix" my device, but it looks like it has to do with the lack of noise cancelation in the new iPhone 13 series.

A phone that costs more then €1.000 should be capable of calling on speaker mode. If this isn't fixed soon i'll return the phone and buy something else. #SpeakerGate

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:16 AM

Thank you for your reply, has it been working since the beginning of your use of it or is it disabled from the beginning?

Please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

11 replies

Feb 3, 2022 3:21 AM in response to roeloff

Thank you for your reply

make sure that your phone is updated to the latest version. You can update by going to settings > General > software update , and please restart your phone through the following steps:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Feb 3, 2022 12:42 AM in response to Iafeef

Hi Lafeef,

Thanks for the response. No it has not fallen or dropped in the water. It's only a few weeks old, and brand new.

I used speakerphone all the time on my iphone 7 and it worked fine. Now even when i'm just in the kitched doing random stuff the person on the other end of the line hears me cracking up constantly. Driving in the car on speakerphone is just a no-go and is horrible for the person i'm calling.

Feb 21, 2022 10:55 AM in response to roeloff

I have exactly the same problem as many other owners. My iPhone 13 Pro cuts out periodically when on speakerphone or Facetime. The other party can't hear me and the only way to get around the problem is not to use the speakerphone. I have tried all the solutions posted on every site that mentions the problem, all to no avail. I have done everything recommended by Apple. I am totally at a loss as to what to do. Please Apple Support - help! This is a really expensive traditional phone at the moment!!!!

Mar 4, 2022 8:06 PM in response to roeloff

The same issue has been happening with my mom’s iphone 13 max pro that I just helped purchase for her about 2 months ago. She told me her friends were complaining they could not hear her well because the her voice kept cutting out. She said if she turned off speakerphone, it seemed to work better. I have also verified this during phone calls with her on multiple occasions. While talking with her, her voice cuts out occasionally, some calls are worse than others. I have had her put the phone on the table, so I know it’s not because she has her hand over a speaker. It’s frustrating when words cut out and you have to keep asking to repeat herself. I have her turn off speakerphone and the issue goes away. She says she needs to be able to use the phone on speakerphone, which I understand, I use speakerphone mode ALL the time. I have an iphone X and have not had an issue with speakerphone voice cutting out on my end. What is the solution for her, try to exchange her iphone 13 for an iphone 12?? Or just wait and hope it gets fixed by a software update someday!? Seems ridiculous!!

Just very frustrating to hear this has been such a common issue and that there is currently no solution or acknowledgment of the issue by Apple. Extremely frustrating and annoying after spending $1200 on a new phone and you can’t even use speakerphone!???

My wife and I would like to upgrade, but I’m very hesitant to upgrade to the 13 now if we will be having this issue.

Apple, if this is a software issue, please come up with a fix/update soon! If it’s a hardware issue, you need to recall these devices and offer refunds for those experiencing these issues, if they can’t be fixed.

iPhone 13 speakerphone cuts out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.