You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2018 frequently will not wake monitor from sleep

I have a Mac Mini 2018 that frequently will not wake my monitor from sleep. I used to have this problem occasionally, but it is now happening daily. I am running Monterey (version 12.2) and am connected to a Dell 2719DX display via HDMI connections. In order to "wake up" I have to do a hard reset on the Mac - push and hold the power switch to turn it off - then turn it back on.

I've tried unplugging and replugging in the HDMI cable and powering off/on the display but neither help. I've also performed SMC resets and that has not helped.

My Energy Saver setting are shown below.

My MacMini is still covered under AppleCare. Should I have Apple check on it?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:35 PM

If you are using the Dell supplied HDMI cable or a long cheap HDMI cable, replace it with a shorter 3 to 5' long Premium Certified HDMI Cable.

Or better yet, optionally get and use a USB-C to DisplayPort 1.4 High Refresh Rate cable.

usb-c to displayport 1.4 cable

Similar questions

6 replies

Mac Mini 2018 frequently will not wake monitor from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.