You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Set Print Margins On Certain Things... Mac Airbook

Hi All...

So I was printing out a recipe online today, direct from the web, my print preview gives me an option so I can set the print margins by merely dragging the line on the preview where I want the margins, so I can print something out and I can hole punch it and put it into a 3 ring binder without the holes being super close to the words.

However, if I want to print something a pdf form, or something directly from Microsoft word, it doesn't give me the option as written above... no option when I try to print from Microsoft word that comes up in the print preview. What am I missing? Normally this wouldn't be an issue at all with microsoft word, just print as normal, and all is well... but since I'm printing out other things from mw, lists upon lists, that need to be hole punched and put into a binder I need the option...

Any advice? Not sure why with certain things I have the option, and with Microsoft word, or pdf I cannot.

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 5:27 PM

Doh. :) I figured it out on my own. Trying to find a way to delete the questions but dont think its possible on my end. :)

1 reply

Can't Set Print Margins On Certain Things... Mac Airbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.