You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Pixma MG 5300 series Cannon printer to My MaxbookPro?

My Pixma MG5300 Cannon printer was working but needs to update with the MacBookpro computer

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 5:08 PM

Hi,

You have posted this in the macOS 10.13 High Sierra area. Is this the operating system used with the MacBook Pro computer in question, or do you have a more modern version?

Also, does your MG5300 series printer have a specific MG53xx model number?

The following models are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as printers with support for the driverless AirPrint technology:

• Canon MG5310
  • Canon MG5320
  • Canon MG5330
  • Canon MG5340
  • Canon MG5350
  • Canon MG5370
  • Canon MG5380

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2022 5:08 PM in response to Zelda-

Hi,

You have posted this in the macOS 10.13 High Sierra area. Is this the operating system used with the MacBook Pro computer in question, or do you have a more modern version?

Also, does your MG5300 series printer have a specific MG53xx model number?

The following models are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as printers with support for the driverless AirPrint technology:

• Canon MG5310
  • Canon MG5320
  • Canon MG5330
  • Canon MG5340
  • Canon MG5350
  • Canon MG5370
  • Canon MG5380

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

How do I connect my Pixma MG 5300 series Cannon printer to My MaxbookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.