You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Top page disappears

When I open a link - to an osteopath, say - the top page often appears for a second then disappears and I can’t get back to it. It’s driving me mad. I have an iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 6:16 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2022 4:47 PM in response to BillHumble

Hi BillHumble,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that links are not working properly on your iPhone.

When you tap a link in Safari, does a new tab open? If so, does the same happen if you change your preference from Settings > Safari > Open Links? This and other iPhone settings are described in Customize your Safari settings on iPhone. It could be that, due to this setting, new tabs are being opened which doesn't present you with a back arrow. If that is the case, you can also find the previous tab using the guidance in Use tabs in Safari on iPhone.

Take care.

Feb 8, 2022 12:51 PM in response to BillHumble

BillHumble,

Are you able to find the front page by viewing your other open tabs? If not, try the troubleshooting from If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Although it sounds like your issue wouldn't quit match those mentioned in the article, they are great steps for resolving most Safari issues.

If the same continues after those steps, it may be best to contact Apple Support for further assistance. You can reach out from Get Support or using the direct phone number for your region from Contact Apple for support and service.

Best of luck.

Top page disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.