You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac account link to new user ID

My iMac (Big Sur) has always been linked to my wife's Apple ID. The administrator log in is linked to her devices -iPad, iPhone. It's there where all of our family data is kept, photos, videos, documents etc.

A few years back I created another account on the Mac specifically for things like music recording. It's also where I primarily surf from. Last Christmas I got an iPad, and set up my own user ID. I've never used messages from the iMac, so I wanted to set it up so I could text my wife from the Mac to her iPhone. It prompted me to sign in, so I did from MY apple user ID. However, I see all of her texts and messages so the Mac is somehow still linked to her Apple ID. Is there anyway around this? Do I need to create another Mac account linked to my new Apple ID?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 10:26 AM

Please give AppleCare a call to help sort out the problem and figure out the solution. Please click the following link to find the phone number in your area:

AppleCare Contact Info

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac account link to new user ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.