You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This version of macOS 12.2 cannot be installed on this computer.

This version of macOS 12.2 cannot be installed on this computer. What can I do to fix this? It doesn't let me add ay excel or word from App store. When I try it sats the following:

(null) can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 6:31 PM

im using:

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Why does not let me download?

(null) can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required.

11 replies

Feb 13, 2022 9:53 AM in response to AlexQuebec

Click on this link.How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support Go down to where it says Use Safari to download MacOS on your Mac. Pick Mojave and click on it. You will get redirected to the App Store where you can then download Mojave. It will install it in your Application folder. Where you can open and install or use it to make a bootable flash installer. Just going to the App Store for upgrades will only show Monterey. In order for you to have installed Monterey on your iMac. You would have to have a late 2015 iMac. That is why you get the message ( This version ofMac OS 12.2.1 cannot be installed on this computer).Do you infact have an iMac?

Feb 12, 2022 7:06 PM in response to ScottAndriola

Hi,

I have the same issue but it look more complicated.

I use to have the latest mac update OS Monterey but i had a virus on my mac lately. Is i had to make a full reset of my it and restart again from scratch to Mac OS X. Now my iMac look brand new but I'm not able to upgrade more then Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. When i try monterey on the appstore it gave me that message ''This version of macOS 12.2.1 cannot be installed on this computer''.

I tried everything ..safe mode...and all the hint that i saw on internet ..nothing work. but what is very bizarre is that i use to have monterey before.

My Mac is a (21.5-inch, Mid 2014)

Please help :(

This version of macOS 12.2 cannot be installed on this computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.