You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does transferring photos to my Mac via a USB from my iPhone take such a long time

Why does transferring photos from iPhone to Mac via a USB take so long?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 4:35 AM

Lightening cables operate at USB-2 speeds (480 mega bits/sec)

Where as USB-3 does 5 giga bit/sec. USB-3.1 gen 2 can do 10 giga bit/sec. USB-4 and Thunderbolt 3 & 4 can do 40 giga bis/sec.

Lightening connectors are much slower. It could be worse. USB-1 was much much slower 😁

2 replies

Feb 6, 2022 12:33 AM in response to Onnalee33

Onnalee33 Said:

"Why does transferring photos to my Mac via a USB from my iPhone take such a long time: Why does transferring photos from iPhone to Mac via a USB take so long?"

-------

Try Force Quit...

Perhaps there is something not responding. So, get out of this window, and then Force Quit all but necessary apps.

Use this User Tip: [command+tab] Use it to Access your Mac when Something is Not Responding - User Tip

Why does transferring photos to my Mac via a USB from my iPhone take such a long time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.