You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar not working

My Touchbar led stop working even after replace after updating my Mac, i donot have the warranty left now so I can only get it replaceing by paying for it and issue is also the same at first it start fading and in next 48 hours it's all black on Touchbar with i cant able to see. And it started like this

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 4:44 PM

That appears to be a hardware issue. If you want to use the Touchbar, then you will need to pay to have it repaired.

Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

5 replies

Feb 10, 2022 5:34 PM in response to hammondwallet

@abhimanyufromjind only reported a visual issue with the Touchbar that changed and got worse over time and they did not report any other issues with the laptop so the problem most likely is with just the Touchbar itself. Most likely the issue is with just the "display" portion of the Touchbar. This is just my guess from years of repairing computers. Of course @abhimanyufromjind could try booting into Internet Recovery Mode or from a bootable macOS USB installer to see if the Touchbar's display is working correctly. If the Touchbar still has issues, then it is most likely a hardware issue that will need to be repaired.

Touch bar not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.