You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installer link within Safari in El Capitan to upgrade to High Sierra is not launching the App Store.

I bought a mid 2011 Mac mini, and I replaced the hard drive with an SSD. Internet recovery installed Lion for me, so I then upgraded to El Capitan. Now, when I try to upgrade to High Sierra, which is the newest MacOS version that the computer supports, the link I click on that is supposed to launch the App Store just opens up an "App Store Preview" page for High Sierra and does absolutely nothing else. What am I doing wrong, and how can I complete this upgrade?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 2:20 PM

This worked! Thanks!

2 replies

Installer link within Safari in El Capitan to upgrade to High Sierra is not launching the App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.