You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent music players on Apple Macbook launching automatically and unwanted when using airpods Pro

After I used my airpods pro to join a webex or teams meeting, when I take them off, Apple music launches automatically, takes the focus, wants input. It is annoying as anything.

The behavior is also inconsistent and erratic. Sometimes it is Spotify that automatically starts playing after I hang up the webex or teams call.

How can I prevent this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:27 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2022 8:35 AM in response to tvd64

Hi, tvd64,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If we understand, after exiting a WebEx or Microsoft Teams call while using AirPods Pro, other media from apps like Apple Music or Spotify will automatically start playing. We're happy to help!

This may be expected behavior if you have the Automatic Ear Detection feature enabled. Try disabling this, and seeing if the same thing occurs: Change audio settings for AirPods Pro - Apple Support.

If it does, try reproducing it in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac followed by a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Best!

Prevent music players on Apple Macbook launching automatically and unwanted when using airpods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.