You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot is not working

I bought my iPhone 13 pro max Middle East model when i complete setting up my phone i found out my personal hotspot is grey and not working then i found something to fix this up manually added hotspot but after resetting network settings again i am facing the same problem but after searching on internet i can't find the setting to add / activate my hotspot. can anyone help on this issue???

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 7:55 PM

If you see that the setting for Personal Hotspot is gray on your device and there doesn’t seem to be a way to toggle it to green, then you should call your carrier to see if they have enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it. There are some plans that don’t, and there are also some circumstances where you might not have access to the feature. 

If you are certain that your carrier provides the Personal HotSpot feature then Reset the Network Settings on your iPhone. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➡️ Reset ➡️ Reset Network Settings: This will reset the cellular and Wi-Fi Network settings on your iPhone. You will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again. See whether this resolves the issue.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 7:55 PM in response to 13ProMaxHotspotIssue

If you see that the setting for Personal Hotspot is gray on your device and there doesn’t seem to be a way to toggle it to green, then you should call your carrier to see if they have enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it. There are some plans that don’t, and there are also some circumstances where you might not have access to the feature. 

If you are certain that your carrier provides the Personal HotSpot feature then Reset the Network Settings on your iPhone. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➡️ Reset ➡️ Reset Network Settings: This will reset the cellular and Wi-Fi Network settings on your iPhone. You will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again. See whether this resolves the issue.

Axel F.

hotspot is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.