You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop "Hide My Email" from being the Default Option in Apple Mail? It automatically fills this in and I must deselect it.

I'm having trouble with the Hide My Email capability which I am beginning to consider a "bug", not a "feature". That's because in every email I begin to write, the Default Option seems to be "Hide My Email". If I forget to deselect it and change it to my real email address (which I usually do but not always), I have difficulty. Today a company I deal with was attempting to help me but they could not find an order number under the hidden email address I had inadvertently provided. I eventually responded with my real email address and order number

So all I want to do is to have my regular email address show up as the pre-filled default option on the list of emails. This must be simple but I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help you can supply.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 6:45 AM

In Mail, open preferences, accounts and check that the email address shows the one you want as default.

2 replies

How do I stop "Hide My Email" from being the Default Option in Apple Mail? It automatically fills this in and I must deselect it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.