You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why so long to get delivered!!

• I have just looked at ordering an MacBook Pro -
  • Apple M1 Max chip with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
  • 64GB unified memory
  • 1TB SSD storage.

And there is NON for delivery or collection.

They just give a delivery date of 4 Apr - 19 Apr 

Does this mean that there are no Mackbooks with this speck in the uk or there are none full strop and they build them to order?

Just that i need it a.s.a.p for work.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 8:24 AM

Large RAM and top M1 Max processors are especially difficult to obtain. The 16-in displays are all taking longer than 14-in displays.

If you relax the specifications, you can reduce the wait-time. If you relax the specifications enough, there may be a computer in stock from largest resellers or Apple stores.

In the US, the Apple online store currently shows what you were seeing for the highest-end M1 max with large memory -- about April 20 delivery date.

At this writing, I might be able to pick up a 14-in with 1TB drive locally, TODAY. Once those are gone delivery dates are at least mid-March, mostly longer..

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2022 8:24 AM in response to darran227

Large RAM and top M1 Max processors are especially difficult to obtain. The 16-in displays are all taking longer than 14-in displays.

If you relax the specifications, you can reduce the wait-time. If you relax the specifications enough, there may be a computer in stock from largest resellers or Apple stores.

In the US, the Apple online store currently shows what you were seeing for the highest-end M1 max with large memory -- about April 20 delivery date.

At this writing, I might be able to pick up a 14-in with 1TB drive locally, TODAY. Once those are gone delivery dates are at least mid-March, mostly longer..

Feb 11, 2022 8:15 AM in response to darran227

darran227 wrote:

• I have just looked at ordering an MacBook Pro -
• Apple M1 Max chip with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
• 64GB unified memory
• 1TB SSD storage.

And there is NON for delivery or collection.

They just give a delivery date of 4 Apr - 19 Apr 
Does this mean that there are no Mackbooks with this speck in the uk or there are none full strop and they build them to order?

Just that i need it a.s.a.p for work.

This is on par for recent orders especially the 64 GB RAM.

Global supply chain limitations are dictating delivery date slow downs...

Order status:

https://secure.store.apple.com/shop/order/list

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/viewing_changing_orders

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/shipping_delivery

Feb 11, 2022 8:42 AM in response to darran227

...and they build them to order?

Exactly. Expecting stacks of product languishing in some dank warehouse waiting for an order to set them free is so 30+ years ago.

To get a superb overview of modern manufacturing and how most products that have options--like Macbook Pros-- are made in the computer age, please find James May's three-part documentary, "Building Cars," (2015). In the US, it is on Amazon Prime Video. Don't know about the UK but it is a BBC production.

In addition to world-wide shipping bottlenecks, many manufacturing fields have trouble finding enough people post-COVID to staff positions that require the human touch. Add in the fact that the Macbook Pro-M1Max is a relatively new product and those are always in high demand. You get a perfect storm.

Please see the video. It is an excellent learning tool that shows that, in many industries, giant finished goods warehouses are history.

Why so long to get delivered!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.