You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block these fake Apple pop ups that say my Mac has a virus and needs to be cleaned?

These scammers almost got me! They are very slick and the pop ups occur multiple times on my laptop! I do I permanently block them?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 4:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 5:37 AM

You could install some adblocker that may stop them. Also, you can disable popups in Safari preferences. They may help.

However, these scammers can eventually find ways around any attempt to block their efforts.

The other option, avoid the sites that are delivering these popups.

2 replies

Feb 13, 2022 9:29 AM in response to JOCAGO3

Consider Using EtreCheck - Apple Community. At your option, you can copy and paste its report in a reply to this Discussion. It is likely to identify the cause, and may offer to remove it. It may also elicit helpful suggestions from other ASC participants.

EtreCheck does not modify your Mac in any way and can simply be dragged to the Trash when you're finished using it.

How do I block these fake Apple pop ups that say my Mac has a virus and needs to be cleaned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.