You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps stopping after Windows 11 update

I have a new Asus VivoBook and it's the best laptop I've ever had. It came with Windows 10 and I installed iTunes from the Microsoft App store. Everything was great. As soon as the computer upgraded to Windows 11, however, iTunes stops playing in the middle of songs. Sometimes, it won't even get through the first song I try to play. It just stops in the middle. At that point, I can still click around but there is no way to get it to play anything unless I get out of iTunes and open it up again. I've tried repairing and restoring and I uninstalled the Microsoft App store version and installed iTunes directly from Apple but the same thing is happening. I'm not seeing any similar complaints on the internet. Since every other thing works just fine and the problem seems to only be happening to me, I'm not sure who to contact for support. Is Microsoft going to help me with a problem specific to an Apple product? Is Apple going to help me with a problem that no one else is having and which seems to have been caused by Windows 11?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 10:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 15, 2022 9:32 AM in response to ballz97fm

Hello there ballz97fm,

We understand you've been having some issues with iTunes after updating your computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11. For the most part, Apple Support can certainly help lend a hand. You can connect with Apple Support here: Contact Apple - Get Support

In the meantime, you already did some great troubleshooting there! Since this started happening, have you also tried testing on more than one Wi-Fi network? Are those songs downloaded to your computer, or are they streaming from Apple?

In the meantime, try going over the rest of these steps mentioned here: If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Feb 15, 2022 10:27 AM in response to ballz97fm

Thanks for the reply. I have been connected to my home Wifi and also a public Wifi and the issue happens on both. Also, the playlists are mostly music on my computer and some that I more recently added to my library via Apple Music...but iTunes stops in the middle of songs regardless of whether it's downloaded. I will take a look at the link you provided. Thank you again.

Mar 16, 2022 2:13 PM in response to ryane77

UPDATE: After making sure my OS and iTunes had all the latest updates and drivers, the issue is still occurring. I contacted the computer manufacturer (Asus) support. They told me to do a BIOS reset (which did nothing of course) and then said the only thing I can do is revert to Windows 10. They had no record of anyone else having this problem with their hardware...but their solution is that I cannot use their computer with Windows 11 unless I want iTunes to not work. So I won't be recommending Asus to any friends or family, that's for sure.

But I called Apple support after that and guess what? They were of no help either. They certainly had me on hold for a long time but when they returned to the line, they said they can't do anything about the issue. They suggested I contact Microsoft, which is pretty much a joke.

If Apple's doing away with iTunes (which I keep reading about), I guess I have no real reason to hang in there. Most of my friends use Spotify so I guess that's where I'm gonna have to go as well. Not great, folks.

iTunes keeps stopping after Windows 11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.