You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a cellular Apple Watch compatible with Sky Mobile data?

Hi,

I am considering buying a cellular apple watch and I want to know if it's compatible with sky mobile data. I've done the research and I see that sky isn't a supported provider. Does that still matter? can I still connect to a network using my apple watch using the data on my sky mobile plan? ven though I'm with sky and not O2, Vodafone and EE?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 2:49 PM

Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch MUST use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.

For more info, see:

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2022 2:49 PM in response to zander211

Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch MUST use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch.

For more info, see:

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Feb 14, 2022 4:33 PM in response to zander211

The simple answer is if your carrier is not on the list of carriers from the link javaliga provided, buying a cellular watch won't give you access to a cellular network. It will work as a GPS only watch, meaning for it to receive phone calls, text messages, etc., you will need to have your cell phone with you when you wear the watch.

It could be worth buying a cellular watch, IF you think you might want to change to a carrier which does support Apple Watch.

Is a cellular Apple Watch compatible with Sky Mobile data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.