You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double-click to minimize window

Just installed Catalina and have the system set to minimize windows with a double-click. It works on all programs except InDesign 2022. Adobe says it's an Apple issue.

May seem like a small matter to some, however I'm busy and have multiple programs open, and have been using the double-click for 15+ years, so I really need it to work.

Why is it not working in one program? Or should I go back to Adobe regarding this issue?

Thanks so much for any help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 3:54 PM

oriana871 Said:

"Double-click to minimize window: [...]I really need it to work. Why is it not working in one program? Or should I go back to Adobe regarding this issue? Thanks so much for any help."

-------

A Reoccurring Problem:

People refer to this as a reoccurring problem in the Adobe Support Community. See Here: Resize Photoshop window that’s too big or off screen - Adobe Support Community

So, Ask in Adobe's Community:

Being an issue with Adobe, ask this in their forums: InDesign - Adobe Support Community

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2022 3:54 PM in response to oriana871

oriana871 Said:

"Double-click to minimize window: [...]I really need it to work. Why is it not working in one program? Or should I go back to Adobe regarding this issue? Thanks so much for any help."

-------

A Reoccurring Problem:

People refer to this as a reoccurring problem in the Adobe Support Community. See Here: Resize Photoshop window that’s too big or off screen - Adobe Support Community

So, Ask in Adobe's Community:

Being an issue with Adobe, ask this in their forums: InDesign - Adobe Support Community

Feb 14, 2022 4:17 PM in response to oriana871

oriana871 Said:

"Thanks. The link to the Photoshop thread is a different issue. I have looked in Adobe Community and either a similar question to mine, posted by someone else, was completely ignored, or the answer was that it's a Mac OS system pref issue."

-------

You are welcome.

Posted Something?:

So, have you posted something on there? If not, you might gat to consider doing so. Reply back with meh link to your post.

Double-click to minimize window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.