You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Rings Complete but no longer does fireworks

Not getting Activity Ring completion FIREWORKS on Apple Watch when I used to before. The update. Settings show notifications are on under activity, I tried to power down phone and watch to reset still nothing. Past 4 days I have closed all three rings BUT no fireworks 💥 How do I get that back?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 8:40 PM

6 replies

Feb 15, 2022 6:23 PM in response to Community User

Ugh! Tried the first option, force restart nothing. Then did a factory reset (was worried but when I signed in with Apple ID still have my friends and fitness badges etc) and I did NOT restore from backup.. well just got home from gym and all three rings closed and NOTHING:( So no fireworks nor did it tell my friend we are in a competition with that I closed all rings! Bummer don’t know what else to do!

Feb 15, 2022 4:10 AM in response to deggie

Checked, the “Do not disturb” is not on, my goals completions are on. I even toggled that one on then off and back on again. Still nothing. (Tried all this from reading others post with similar issues) nothing works. Frustrating as I didn’t change any settings, just the watch did an automatic update a week ago and that’s when I noticed it stopped.

stinks cause I am working out 2 hours at the gym and for sure close all my rings… doesn’t even notify my friends who we are in competition with:/

Feb 15, 2022 4:14 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for that suggestion, I tried that one as well… still nothing. All three rings were closed, I toggled the “goal completion” button off (it was already on) then back on, and still nothing. :(

Today is a new day (I work on my feet for 12 plus hours and then go to gym for at least 2 hours ) so for sure get all my rings completed. Frustrating as that’s one thing that I get alerts that “my friends “ have closed their rings but mine doesn’t work (and we are all in fitness competition)

Ugh… hopefully someone else had the same issue, tried everything I have and then figured something else out that worked. Thanks for trying to help… still NOT working :(

Activity Rings Complete but no longer does fireworks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.