You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I replace the dictation key on the Macbook Pro 14" (2021) to something else?

On the new Macbook Pro 14", there's a dedicated dictation key.

I don't use dictation and really miss the old keys on my other Macbook shortcuts including the one showing all apps (yes, I know you can pinch with all fingers to show all apps as well).

Is it possible to replace that keyboard shortcut or the entire key altogether to something else instead?

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:59 AM

jagerbull,

We appreciate you clearing that up for us, we did misunderstand. If you are referring to the key found on the lower right corner of your MacBook Pro, this is the Function (Fn)/Globe key, and it cannot be changed.

You are welcome to leave feedback for Apple by going to Product Feedback.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 16, 2022 6:34 AM in response to jagerbull

Hello jagerbull,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities about your MacBook Pro and changing keyboard shortcuts.

You should be able to change the shortcut key for dictation. Go the Apple menu >System Preferences > Keyboard > Dictation. Does it not allow you to change the key?

When creating a new shortcut, be sure the shortcut doesn't already exist. See Mac keyboard shortcuts.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a great day!

How do I replace the dictation key on the Macbook Pro 14" (2021) to something else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.