You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac was purchased late 2012 and is running 10.15.7. I'd like to use a spreadsheet like Numbers, but it seems to require OS ver 11. Is there a spreadsheet compatible w/ my current OS?

Are there any simple spreadsheets available from Apps store compatible w/ late 2012 iMac running 10.15.7?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 3:50 PM

Direct answer to your question is yes; there are plenty. LibreOffice Vanilla, to cite only one example.

Before exploring those alternatives, did you ever purchase Numbers in the past? If so you can download the latest compatible version from the App Store by viewing your purchase history. For example, iPhoto is no longer available, but if you purchased iPhoto in the past it will appear with a "cloud" icon.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2022 3:50 PM in response to ItcolY70sls

Direct answer to your question is yes; there are plenty. LibreOffice Vanilla, to cite only one example.

Before exploring those alternatives, did you ever purchase Numbers in the past? If so you can download the latest compatible version from the App Store by viewing your purchase history. For example, iPhoto is no longer available, but if you purchased iPhoto in the past it will appear with a "cloud" icon.

My iMac was purchased late 2012 and is running 10.15.7. I'd like to use a spreadsheet like Numbers, but it seems to require OS ver 11. Is there a spreadsheet compatible w/ my current OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.