You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent apps button on ipad pro 11 2021 suddenly not working

Hi i have my Ipad pro112021 with the latest IOS update but suddenly my recent app button not working sometimes, i can’t swipe it up, i tried to go home using the AssistiveTouch and tried to swipe it up again but still not working that i always needed to turn off the screen so that it will work again, i already tried to restart my ipad but it keeps happening, can someone help me to solve it? Thank you.

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 12:18 AM

Did you also try to force restart your iPad?

Restart iPad - Apple Support

If this does not help, try to set it back to factory settings, to rule out a software issue:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

2 replies

Feb 17, 2022 9:29 AM in response to Ingo2711

i tried the force restart but it keeps happening, i talked with the apple support and they think that maybe it’s the screen protector but i don’t agree because when i’m swiping up the screen will go upwards but the swipe up to see the recent app doesn’t work. Sorry but i don’t want to factory reset coz i have a lot of projects that maybe will erase everything but i dont think it’s not the best solution.

Recent apps button on ipad pro 11 2021 suddenly not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.