You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

permissions issue with mac monterey update

I just updated my macbook air to Monterey 12.2.1 and now I am receiving the error "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items" when trying to move or attach files within Onedrive. I am the administrator and had no issues prior to installing this update.

I did check to ensure I have both read/write permissions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:29 AM

Thank you for your response. Full access is enabled for OneDrive, but I'm still receiving error messages. Tried to open one of my files and received this message - The file “2020 H4H In-Kind Sponsor Letter - FINAL.pdf” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

I right clicked the file name, selected Get Info and confirmed I do have read/write access.

Any idea what happened and is it possible to revert back to my settings prior to this update?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2022 6:29 AM in response to woodmeister50

Thank you for your response. Full access is enabled for OneDrive, but I'm still receiving error messages. Tried to open one of my files and received this message - The file “2020 H4H In-Kind Sponsor Letter - FINAL.pdf” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

I right clicked the file name, selected Get Info and confirmed I do have read/write access.

Any idea what happened and is it possible to revert back to my settings prior to this update?

permissions issue with mac monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.