You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing incorrect age of Child on Family Sharing

I need to change my Child's age which I entered incorrectly when setting up Family Sharing. It shows 11, but he is 18. Please advise.

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 12:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 3:01 AM

Yes that seems to be correct. I missed the line at the top of that page about under-13s accounts need to contact support.*

Go to the Products support page and select Apple ID. Then follow the options. I didn't see one specifically for charged birthdates for children so 'Other Apple ID topics' is probably the best one.

After that I recall you will get the options of call or message.

Have all your credentials ready both for the organiser of the family group and the account with the birthdate you want to change.

*It's been some time since I had an under 13 in the family 😃

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2022 3:01 AM in response to Hanna1973

Yes that seems to be correct. I missed the line at the top of that page about under-13s accounts need to contact support.*

Go to the Products support page and select Apple ID. Then follow the options. I didn't see one specifically for charged birthdates for children so 'Other Apple ID topics' is probably the best one.

After that I recall you will get the options of call or message.

Have all your credentials ready both for the organiser of the family group and the account with the birthdate you want to change.

*It's been some time since I had an under 13 in the family 😃

Feb 16, 2022 2:16 AM in response to Hanna1973

Update the date of birth associated with your Apple ID tells you how to achieve this:

To change a date of birth to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organiser must approve the change. ..

Follow the steps in the document to sign into the 'child' account either on the web or an iOS device, navigate to the option to change birthday, then 

1. Update the date of birth.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organiser.
  3. Your family organiser will get an email with instructions on how to approve the request. 

Changing incorrect age of Child on Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.