You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having glitches

My macbook pro 15” is having glitches more and more often.

It did happen to me last year too and it died.

Thankfully I had the applecare, so I got the mother board changed.

Now, It looks like it’s gonna happen again,

what can I do?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:08 AM

Describe (glitches). Shutdowns ,freezes, kernel panics, black screen or others. If it's doing the same thing as before. Sounds like another trip to the Apple Store. Apple only has 90 day warranty on repair. Read this.How long is a Apple Logic board warranty? - Apple Community

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 17, 2022 3:18 PM in response to johannesSachsse

If your MacBook Pro is late 2020 or newer it limits what you can do. If it's a older you can do an SMC reset or A Nvram reset. For the m1 MacBook Pro your limited to holding down the power button for 10 seconds then restart. At which time you can go to recovery and reinstall your operating system. There is also an option in the option screen for a safe mod start. If older SMC reset is Option Control Shift and power button. Nvram is Command Option P & R keys and power button for two chimes. If your problem is software related you could download and run Etrecheck and post the system report in here.https://etrecheck.com/

Feb 17, 2022 2:22 PM in response to my ginger

I've lost the screenshot of the glitch.

But basically, I had cropped text in the opening page where you enter your password.

I couldn't read the sentence as it was cropped in a way you could only see the bottom of the sentence.

Here's an example:

Normally, it's where the sentence says "Enter your passeword" , I guess.

I had other glitches too :

• When starting the laptop, the screen blinks like an epilepsy. Like 2 or 3 little blinks in a matter of one or two seconds.

• Or, same thing, when opening my laptop, on the password page, it's frozen. Can't move the mouse and keyboard is not responding.

• I also had like 2 or 3 times since December a dark grey display and a window with many options basically asking me if I want to reset my password

I wouldn't care if I knew I could use the apple care but mine now is expired.

I had the same issue last year before it turned black forever.

I got the motherboard changed in November 2021.

Now I'm having the same weird glitches from last year so I'm asking.

🤞

I’m having glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.