You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers on Mac keeps freezing

Hello! I am using MacOS Monterey 12.1 on a 2018 MacBook Air.

I am unable to open any documents in Numbers without it freezing. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app, but it still freezes almost every time. It gets stuck when downloading the file from iCloud.

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:37 PM

thomasfromnor wrote:

I have tried to delete and reinstall the app, but it still freezes almost every time. It gets stuck when downloading the file from iCloud.

Did you succeed in uninstalling Numbers? (Go to Launchpad, hold down the option key until the icons "wiggle" and click the x by Numbers. Then go to the Mac App Store and reinstall.)

Before that, though, be sure to try restarting your Mac if you haven't done that already.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2022 7:37 PM in response to thomasfromnor

thomasfromnor wrote:

I have tried to delete and reinstall the app, but it still freezes almost every time. It gets stuck when downloading the file from iCloud.

Did you succeed in uninstalling Numbers? (Go to Launchpad, hold down the option key until the icons "wiggle" and click the x by Numbers. Then go to the Mac App Store and reinstall.)

Before that, though, be sure to try restarting your Mac if you haven't done that already.

SG

Numbers on Mac keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.