You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't merge my playlists

I recently signed up for Apple Music. The problem I'm having is that I can make a playlist on my phone, I can make a playlist on my computer, but the 2 don't talk to each other. I can't edit a playlist I've made on my phone with my computer and can only find it if I have recently played it on my phone. I've tried to sync my devices, but after watching the circle go round and round for 4 hours, I gave up. I don't understand why I have to synch anything anyway because I am logged in on both devices and this playlist isn't even downloaded. My account should be the same no matter what device I am using. I'm not sure if this is a good replacement for Spotify because it should not be this complicated.

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:35 PM

Did you turn on Sync Library on both devices?

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If so (and you are using the same Apple ID on both devices) then as you say, you should not have to manually sync your libraries.

That is all there is to it and it should not be that complicated. Seeing the circle go round and round for hours suggests there is some kind of connection problem with the WI-FI or internet. Perhaps this article will help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

and see the reply to:

Mac can connect to wifi but cannot connec… - Apple Community

If you still have problems, then use the 'Get Support" link at the top-right corner f this page.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2022 6:35 PM in response to marinaasp

Did you turn on Sync Library on both devices?

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If so (and you are using the same Apple ID on both devices) then as you say, you should not have to manually sync your libraries.

That is all there is to it and it should not be that complicated. Seeing the circle go round and round for hours suggests there is some kind of connection problem with the WI-FI or internet. Perhaps this article will help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

and see the reply to:

Mac can connect to wifi but cannot connec… - Apple Community

If you still have problems, then use the 'Get Support" link at the top-right corner f this page.

I can't merge my playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.