You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t send a mail . Iv done everything but it just not working. I receive mails but I can’t send . It keeps sending my messages to outbox with a p

Iv done everything but it just not working. I receive mails but I can’t send . It keeps sending my messages to outbox with a pop up that says ;the connection to the outgoing server “ p40-smtp.mail.me.com”failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured for mail accounts in setting >mail>account. What does that mean? Iv deleted my mail and resorted it, turned mobile on and off , signed out and in on iCloud, turned mail on and off . I still can’t send mail . I am at my wits end. Help me , somebody please 😭

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:43 AM

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Sandranuel

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Mar 15, 2022 3:02 PM in response to Sandranuel

I had the same issue and similar error message. After many unsuccessful attempts and suggestions from various agents, I stumbled upon a solution by trial and error.

I had apple verify my mail settings by entering my email address. I noticed the outgoing server name was different from the one in the error message.

I went to Settings, Mail, Account and outgoing server. I updated the server name. That resolved the issue for me.

Mar 16, 2022 5:44 AM in response to Sandranuel

The current outgoing server is the one in your error message, “p40-smtp.mail.me.com”

Here’s what I tried to update the server. First I verified the mail settings.

Go to Apple support and select iPhone Support

Scroll down to Get Support > Start now

Select Mail from list of topics

Under see your support options select Continue

Scroll down to Look Up Mail Settings 

Select  Get Started and follow instructions  to verify email settings

If the outgoing server name listed is different from the one in your error message you need to update it in your Settings

In your Settings go to

Mail 

Accounts

Mail account 

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP

Primary Server

Update the name of outgoing server

I can’t send a mail . Iv done everything but it just not working. I receive mails but I can’t send . It keeps sending my messages to outbox with a p

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.