You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Not Enough Space

Hello.

I have a Seagate External Hard Drive I use(d) as a Time Machine to back up my iMac. It was working just fine until a few months ago, when it started saying randomly "Backup failed: Not enough space on Seagate Backup Plus Drive"

It's weird to me, since it's a 2 TB External however my iMac only has 500 GB's, so there's definitely enough storage.

I thought if I emptied the disk completely, that would help, but it's still saying there's not enough space.

There's definitely enough space for the EHD, so I have no idea what is going on.

Please someone help me.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 5:47 PM

Ok, SO I figured out the problem. Time Machine wasn't just backing up my SSD, it was also backing up my External Hard Drive (that's also 2 TB), so obviously it won't fit in the backup.

I excluded the other External and now it's working just fine.

Thank you for your help!

Similar questions

6 replies

Time Machine Not Enough Space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.