You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App taking up space and cannot be deleted from Mac

I have an application that I cannot delete off my Mac for space. I deleted the app a while back but when I look at my disk space, the app is still there as a ghost. I cannot delete it, or move it or find it on my laptop, but it still takes up space as if it is still there. Is there a way to get rid of it without going to the Apple Store?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 5:19 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2022 9:05 AM in response to deannarosegillespie

Hello deannarosegillespie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble removing an app from your Mac.

Take a look at this article for steps to uninstall the app: How to uninstall apps on your Mac

If those are the steps you've taken, but you're still unable to remove the app, you'll want to contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Take care.

App taking up space and cannot be deleted from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.