You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Mail Attachment not working in Catalina

Dear Fellow Apple Acolytes

Does anyone know if this long running issue has been resolved please?

I guess Apple wants people to have bloated email data for obvious storage plan reasons.

However much I love Apple products, eventually persistent fundamental failures in a user experience overcome patient faithful admiration.

Yours hopefully

The Ancient Brit

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 7:11 AM

View, save, or delete email attachments in Mail on Mac

3 replies

Feb 18, 2022 7:40 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks, I am pretty knowledgeable about tech, OSX upgrading, iPhones, MacBooks old & new, iPads etc. and have read the guidance you kindly sent a link too, but some time ago now.

Selecting one email or many (there are 13,000 in my archive) and clicking remove attachment does not remove the attachment(s) even if I leave it overnight.

I have restarted the laptop (MacOS 10.15.7, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013) OK old like me but still functional tried all the resetting things, accessed preferences in Mail, checked the permissions with the Library Mail folder, deleted and created new email accounts but "Remove attachment" still does not work. What a waste of time.

I don't like using Outlook for Mac but I guess I may have to return to that.

Best Simon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.