You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

How do 2 people who are family sharing get access to the same app that does not allow sharing subscription? E.g. Tinder cannot get a subscription, tells me someone is already using my Apple ID. Doesn’t make since to me since my son has his own Apple ID?

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 12:53 PM

It does not automatically activate the subscription if that's what you are asking.

He would need to activate it himself through the App and will be an additional charge.

This is all assuming he is in fact using his own Apple ID for iTunes & App Stores on his devices and not yours, which would totally defeat Family Sharing, and would be the most likely cause of it saying that Apple ID is already being used.

Verify on his device, that his account is logged in to iTunes & App Stores in Settings, and that he is not trying to log in with your Apple ID in the App.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2022 12:53 PM in response to Cole—

It does not automatically activate the subscription if that's what you are asking.

He would need to activate it himself through the App and will be an additional charge.

This is all assuming he is in fact using his own Apple ID for iTunes & App Stores on his devices and not yours, which would totally defeat Family Sharing, and would be the most likely cause of it saying that Apple ID is already being used.

Verify on his device, that his account is logged in to iTunes & App Stores in Settings, and that he is not trying to log in with your Apple ID in the App.

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.