You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS monterey install checking null HELP

Hi, so I try to upgrade my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019) from Mojave version 10.14.6 to Monterey. But when I try to install it it keeps on getting load the message "Checking null"

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.14

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 2:34 AM

Try rebooting into Safe Mode and then navigate to How to upgrade to macOS Monterey and start the download from there .

Caution - jumping over all the newer versions and directly to Big Sur  / Monterey on Qualifying computers is Technically possible - there are those who have attempted and were successful. Then there are those who attempted and had less than good results.

If this is a Production or Mission Critical Set-up - a more prudent and measure approach is suggested. 

The above is from observations on the Apple Support Community Forums and IMHO

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 2:34 AM in response to RamziAmara

Try rebooting into Safe Mode and then navigate to How to upgrade to macOS Monterey and start the download from there .

Caution - jumping over all the newer versions and directly to Big Sur  / Monterey on Qualifying computers is Technically possible - there are those who have attempted and were successful. Then there are those who attempted and had less than good results.

If this is a Production or Mission Critical Set-up - a more prudent and measure approach is suggested. 

The above is from observations on the Apple Support Community Forums and IMHO

MacOS monterey install checking null HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.