You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create a radio station that other apple music subscribers can listen to?

I have invested 30 years curating the best music from the

20th century and have launched an array of preservation efforts to keep this

music active in the 21st century and beyond.

I would like to capstone this effort with a radio station

that anyone who is an Apple Music member can listen to at their convenience and

according to their music tastes by utilizing 10 of my best playlists.

Is this possible on the Apple Music platform?

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:09 PM

This reply differentiates the Apple Music service from the Apple Music app.

Not entirely sure where the music involved here is being hosted, based on your question; whether the content is hosted at Apple as part of Apple Music service, or is hosted on and served from your own internet radio service.

Internet radio is separate from and separately-accessed from the Apple Music streaming service.

If you have playlists of music already published and available within Apple Music service, those can be shared with other Apple Music service subscribers.

The Apple Music apps on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS can access internet radio.

If you're considering hosting this music yourself with your own internet radio service, then you'll have to address the licensing and media copyrights as part of this proposed service. Much of the music in the 20th century is not yet public domain.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2022 9:09 PM in response to halfromdallas

This reply differentiates the Apple Music service from the Apple Music app.

Not entirely sure where the music involved here is being hosted, based on your question; whether the content is hosted at Apple as part of Apple Music service, or is hosted on and served from your own internet radio service.

Internet radio is separate from and separately-accessed from the Apple Music streaming service.

If you have playlists of music already published and available within Apple Music service, those can be shared with other Apple Music service subscribers.

The Apple Music apps on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS can access internet radio.

If you're considering hosting this music yourself with your own internet radio service, then you'll have to address the licensing and media copyrights as part of this proposed service. Much of the music in the 20th century is not yet public domain.

Feb 19, 2022 2:27 PM in response to halfromdallas

If the music is available in Apple Music service, subscribers can publish their own playlists. Those playlists will remain available for as long as you continue to publish them, and while you continue to subscribe to the Apple Music service.

If the music is not available in Apple Music service, then you will have to work with the rights-holders, or with services already with rights to stream the music.

The SongShift app contends with transferring playlists around, and seemingly with finding near-replacements or different versions of the music, where the originals from the source playlist are not available in the music library at the destination music service.

How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Share music from Apple Music on the web - Apple Support

Feb 19, 2022 12:46 PM in response to MrHoffman

Very helpful. Thank you Mr. Hoffman.

My playlists are currently housed on my PC within my ITunes Library.

Seems like first steps are to subscribe to:

1). Subscribe / Join Apple Music Streaming Service

2). Purchase Apple Music app.

3). Recreate or move my playlists from iTunes to the app., possibly utilizing an app. like SongShift.

Am I remotely on track?

Can I create a radio station that other apple music subscribers can listen to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.