You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Unfreeze Cursor on iMac 24 inch desktop with M1 chip

The cursor on my Mac desktop is stuck in the upper left hand corner of the screen. It is "stuck" in that I cannot get my mouse to move it at all. The entire unit is quite new, having purchased it only a few months ago. My unit is an iMac 24 inch desktop with M1 chip, How do I unfreeze the cursor, and how do I ascertain whether this is a software problem or problem with the mouse?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:23 AM

A few things to try:

• Make sure the mouse battery is charged and turned on (switch next to the optical sensor , up is on)
  • Plug in a USB mouse and see if the cursor moves
  • Start up in safe mode and see if the cursor moves
  • If the wired mouse works go to the Bluetooth Preferences and remove the wireless mouse and then try pairing it again

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 7:23 AM in response to Stanfordlaw1976

A few things to try:

• Make sure the mouse battery is charged and turned on (switch next to the optical sensor , up is on)
  • Plug in a USB mouse and see if the cursor moves
  • Start up in safe mode and see if the cursor moves
  • If the wired mouse works go to the Bluetooth Preferences and remove the wireless mouse and then try pairing it again

How to Unfreeze Cursor on iMac 24 inch desktop with M1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.