You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and Time Machine

How do I get to Mail from Time Machine to restore 1 e-mail that was deleted? When I turn on Time Machine all I see is finder. I use to be able to have Mail open and Time Machine would leave Mail open and I could search back to a date. And yes, i've been in my backup disc, what a joke looking for that needle.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:00 AM

You are on the right track. You have to rummage through the V9 folder and maybe find it. Rummaging means opening each individual message (.emix) by entering ™ just looking the .emix files are sequential via date but the date of the file does not always correlate to the email date. One you fid it just click on Resote at botto of enter ™.

Note that I can't find recent, like before updating to Monterey, emails in mt ™. Others have said that ™ no longer backs up emails messages.

Also, I can only find a few email currenting in the Mal app in V9 of my startup disk.

Good luck.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 7:00 AM in response to LostMainer

You are on the right track. You have to rummage through the V9 folder and maybe find it. Rummaging means opening each individual message (.emix) by entering ™ just looking the .emix files are sequential via date but the date of the file does not always correlate to the email date. One you fid it just click on Resote at botto of enter ™.

Note that I can't find recent, like before updating to Monterey, emails in mt ™. Others have said that ™ no longer backs up emails messages.

Also, I can only find a few email currenting in the Mal app in V9 of my startup disk.

Good luck.

Mail and Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.