You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undo automatic Data Transfer

I recently bought a macbook pro (previously have macbook air). After an update my new laptop had the same desktop files as my old one, which I did not want, and moved my new desktop files into a folder. How do I change it so that the two desktops remain separate. I don't want to delete the files in case it deletes on both laptops.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 10:02 AM

ShaiM123 wrote:

I recently bought a macbook pro (previously have macbook air). After an update my new laptop had the same desktop files as my old one, which I did not want, and moved my new desktop files into a folder. How do I change it so that the two desktops remain separate. I don't want to delete the files in case it deletes on both laptops.

If these two Macs are using iCloud Drive to sync Desktop & Documents try turning this feature off.

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2022 10:02 AM in response to ShaiM123

ShaiM123 wrote:

If these two Macs are using iCloud Drive to sync Desktop & Documents try turning this feature off.

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple ...

Undo automatic Data Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.