You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free 3month trial not accessible on tv

As part of purchase of new iPhone I have 3 months free Apple TV. I have signed up with my Apple ID on my Mac but when I go to the TV (Samsung) Apple TV is installed but when I access the app I am offered 7 days only and can't find way to access 3 months free. Any guidance on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:11 AM

Thank you for you response and guidance. I have solved the problem. When signing in with my Apple ID on the computer I had not realised that I needed to identify the TV that I want to use. I clicked on the Samsung link and the job was done.

For the future - Apple's usually clear guidance, could be improved with a note giving a 'step by step' procedure for the appliance qualifying for the Free period of use.

I trust this is helpful

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for you response and guidance. I have solved the problem. When signing in with my Apple ID on the computer I had not realised that I needed to identify the TV that I want to use. I clicked on the Samsung link and the job was done.

For the future - Apple's usually clear guidance, could be improved with a note giving a 'step by step' procedure for the appliance qualifying for the Free period of use.

I trust this is helpful

Free 3month trial not accessible on tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.