You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have pictures stored in a tag / how can i transfer them all at once to a new folder

have pictures stored on a tag on my Imac

is their a way to transfer them all at once to a new folder

instead of one at a time

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 7:40 PM

The tag is simply something a user creates to identify similar files. Open a Finder window and open Finder Preferences ( Command + , ) and ensure the Sidebar is showing (if it isn't look for "Show Sidebar" in View menu) Click the Sidebar tab and ensure the Tags (at the bottom are checked). Next select the tag you want, then select one file and Command + A and then type Command + C, then navigate to where you want to copy to and type Command + V.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2022 7:40 PM in response to hoyafalcon

The tag is simply something a user creates to identify similar files. Open a Finder window and open Finder Preferences ( Command + , ) and ensure the Sidebar is showing (if it isn't look for "Show Sidebar" in View menu) Click the Sidebar tab and ensure the Tags (at the bottom are checked). Next select the tag you want, then select one file and Command + A and then type Command + C, then navigate to where you want to copy to and type Command + V.

have pictures stored in a tag / how can i transfer them all at once to a new folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.