You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What printer is compatible with my old macbook running SnowLeopard 10.6.8

MacBook

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:48 AM

Hi,

First of all, do you already have access to a printer? If so, please post the exact make and model. Someone may be able to provide information about a possible solution/workaround for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Otherwise, one way could be to look for a (used) monochrome laser printer that was available or introduced around 2010. Preferably, a network printer (Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi), but a USB-only model should be OK too. Check that drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 can be downloaded from Apple or the printer manufacturer. Do not hesitate to post back if you need help finding software for a certain printer model of interest.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2022 9:48 AM in response to Alynn

Hi,

First of all, do you already have access to a printer? If so, please post the exact make and model. Someone may be able to provide information about a possible solution/workaround for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Otherwise, one way could be to look for a (used) monochrome laser printer that was available or introduced around 2010. Preferably, a network printer (Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi), but a USB-only model should be OK too. Check that drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 can be downloaded from Apple or the printer manufacturer. Do not hesitate to post back if you need help finding software for a certain printer model of interest.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.