You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding artwork

up until yesterday, i have always been able to "add artwork"; be it the originals i found online or my own pix, i chose from my "photos" for a particular album... i was able to go thru the process > get info / artwork /add artwork / insert the photo clik " O K " ...but, the end result is = no picture !

various looks online offered nothing new .. "permissions" (read and write) were in place .... just don't know what's up ?!?

after a recent apple update for itunes ... i now notice i'll get windows popping up to tell me if i do this or that it effects using different playlists ...i sort of ignore, as 1- don't know what it means or refers to and 2- it says i'll only be able to use "stuff" on this computer which is all i need anyway ...

Dell computer / windows 11 / i get all my music onto the computer via; itunes store, import a CD or recordings i make on an SD card and add the wav file to the computer importing it to i tunes...it was this last process...which i have done many times before... that had me try to make a "new album" and add artwork, as mentioned

thanx

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 8:33 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 23, 2022 10:49 AM in response to rowdog44

Unlike other formats, artwork for a .wav file is not "in" the file for the song. Instead, it is associated with the file.

I haven't tried lately, but it used to be that you could associate artwork to a song in iTunes, but that artwork would not transfer to another music player. Likewise, if the artwork was added in Windows Media Player (for example) it would not show in iTunes until you specifically told iTunes to use that piece of artwork.

If you have used iTunes to convert the songs to a format that does contain the artwork "in" the file, then you would have to then add the artwork - it won't appear simply because you have carried out the conversion.

Feb 23, 2022 2:03 PM in response to the fiend

yeah, likely i did not explain as specifically as i needed ...that did not really pertain

i had files, i created ... which i wanted in i tunes, so i could synch on my player, which is the only way I listen to music ...old fashioned i'm sure ..but, well i'm old ...

so i had done all this previously ...then, when creating my own "album" added my "own" artwork...pix i'd taken or jpeg from an online page... whatever, and i was always able to " Add Artwork " w/o issue ...

i now wonder

if an older version of iTunes had been automatically converting those original wav files...to AAC..thus allowing the art w/o me knowing anything about it...

recently got an iPad ( i'm old ) and so have updated iTunes, because of that ...and so that may have been the whole shebang as this was the 1st " album / art " i've tried since the update ...

got it now...and

thanx for replying !

Feb 23, 2022 2:14 PM in response to rowdog44

rowdog44 wrote:

i now wonder
if an older version of iTunes had been automatically converting those original wav files...to AAC..thus allowing the art w/o me knowing anything about it...

While it has always been possible to convert files on the fly (i.e. at Sync time); that is to convert higher Bit Rate songs to a lower Bit Rate for use on the iPod, I am not aware that it could or would convert the format or add artwork into the file. I'm also not aware of a lower Bit Rate for wav files that would be added to the iPod. In any case, that conversion was as the song was added to the iPod, leaving the copy in your Library in its original form.

adding artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.