You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband no longer recognizing my iLok plug ins

I've been using both slate digital and soundtoys plugins through iLok license manager in garageband successfully for a while, however after an OS issue which required taking my macbook to a recognised support technician and getting the OS re-installed to the latest update (Monterey), which included updating garageband, the same plugins are no longer recognised. If I try to open a project file that had previously used a plugin, on start up I get the errors:

• "NSCreateObjectFileImageFromMemory-zgz0ooa8" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified
  • Fatal error: 100001
  • Audio Unit plug-in can't be used.

I also get similar errors when opening a new project file and trying to add the plugins. The plugins still show up in the smart controls UI of garageband, but just don't work and give errors when I try to add them.

Ive tried removing the cache files for the plugins and also tried completely uninstalling and re-installing both iLok license manager and all the plugins. Would appreciate any help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:57 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 24, 2022 12:27 PM in response to saxon_dx

Hello saxon_dx,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with using iLok License Manager and plug-ins after updating to macOS Monterey. We recommend reaching out to the developer for further assistance as they would be the best resource to help resolve this issue: iLok.com - Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Garageband no longer recognizing my iLok plug ins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.