You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to view my kid's texts on my desktop

I want to be able to view my kid's texts from my computer. Is there an easy way to do this without logging out of my Messages? They do not show up on their iCloud accounts. Every internet search says that I need to buy something. My kids know that I look at their phones and I want to do it from my desktop. Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:00 PM

Ask your child to bring their iPhone to you, and for them to unlock it.

Otherwise, no means.

With Apple Messages, only parties in the conversation can see the messages, a d you’ll need to have the child’s Apple ID logged in to tap into the message traffic. This is specific to Apple Messages too, and will not work with other chat apps. Some other apps cannot be monitored.

Alternatively, ask your child how they would bypass your monitoring efforts here, and continue to communicate. If you have earned sufficient trust, they might choose to answer and to enlighten you about other methods you have yet to consider.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2022 7:00 PM in response to OkieAppleMom

Ask your child to bring their iPhone to you, and for them to unlock it.

Otherwise, no means.

With Apple Messages, only parties in the conversation can see the messages, a d you’ll need to have the child’s Apple ID logged in to tap into the message traffic. This is specific to Apple Messages too, and will not work with other chat apps. Some other apps cannot be monitored.

Alternatively, ask your child how they would bypass your monitoring efforts here, and continue to communicate. If you have earned sufficient trust, they might choose to answer and to enlighten you about other methods you have yet to consider.

I want to view my kid's texts on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.